Important Steps Before Retirement
You have worked hard for many years and now it’s time to start planning for the next phase of your life. In Retirement, most of your earned income will disappear and be replaced with income from your assets. Some of the most common questions our clients have are:
- Do I have enough money saved to recreate my current lifestyle for the rest of my life?
- What is the impact of retirement taxation on income?
- What is my practice worth and how do I sell it?
- How do I know if my money is invested properly?
- How long does my money need to last?
The questions surrounding Retirement can feel like a daunting process to navigate but we are here to make this phase of your life as simple as possible. There are a few critical steps to making your voluntary exit from the workplace a success.
At Peterson Binstock and Associates, we help you:
- Develop an exit strategy / Practice Succession plan
- Understand your living expenses and how much income is necessary for you to live the life you desire
- Develop a plan that you are comfortable with to determine the amount of guaranteed Retirement income and non-guaranteed (variable) Retirement income you may need
- Figure out the impact taxes will have on your retirement (and how to minimize retirement taxation)
- Develop your Estate plan Strategy
- Make sure you have addressed the major risks to your Retirement:
- Sequence of Returns
- Healthcare Costs